Grateful Dead Live at Salt Palace on 1981-08-12
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Alabama Getaway ->
Greatest Story Ever Told
Friend Of The Devil
Mama Tried ->
C C Rider
Lost Sailor ->
Saint Of Circumstance
Might As Well
Man Smart (Woman Smarter)
Scarlet Begonias ->
Fire On The Mountain
Estimated Prophet ->
Eyes Of The World ->
Morning Dew ->
Around And Around ->
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Morning Dew >|
|Eyes Of The World >|
|Spanish Jam >|
|Alabama Getaway >|
|Lost Sailor >|
|Friend Of The Devil|
|C C Rider|
|Around And Around >|
|Man Smart (Woman Smarter)|
|Saint Of Circumstance|
|Scarlet Begonias >|
|Fire On The Mountain|
|Greatest Story Ever Told|
|Might As Well|
|Mama Tried >|
|Estimated Prophet >|
- it was neccessary to re-assemble the show in the correct running order as it had been cut up to
fit on the tapes.
- dc offset removed
- all tracks have been pitch corrected using the circulating sbd as a guide. They were running between
4% and 10% too fast
* tuning and the first 1:32 of "Alabama Getaway" patched in from shnid 10548.
- the first 7 seconds of "Althea" are missing.
- the start of "Might As Well" is clipped, 3 or 4 notes are missing.
- The first 6:52 of "Althea", all of "Might As Well"and the first 1:42 of "Man Smart, Woman Smarter"
have an inferior sound quality. They sounded quite muffled and have a higher level of tape hiss,
compared to the rest of the show. I have brightened these sections to make them sound more
consistent with the other tracks.
- there is a problem with "Man Smart, Woman Smarter"at 4:11.
- the tape was paused between songs, or these sections were cut out when the tapes were originally
assembled, on a number of occasions. Crossfades have been put in to smooth these out.
This recording reveals that the circulating sbd has approximately 2:49 missing from "Eyes Of The World",
2:22 from the end of the first verse to about half way through the second and 27 seconds at the end. Also
about 4 seconds at the start of "Good Lovin'" that is missing from the sbd. Only about 8 seconds of music is
missing from the whole show!
This is somewhat of a "Curate's Egg" as regards the sound. When it's good it's very good and there ARE a lot of very good parts! Hopefully this version will prompt someone to dig deep and come up with a better copy of what is a great show.
Thanks to Uncle Barry for providing the tapes and Roeret for helping me out with the patch source
edited with Adobe Audition, mastered with iZotope Ozone, and resampled & dithered with iZotope RX Advanced
transferred, edited and mastered
- 2008-10-18 15:19:04
- Cassette (unknown gen) > Nakamichi BE-125E > EMU 0202 > Wavelab > wav (24/96) > flac
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Run time
- Unknown Audience Source
- Transferred by
- Salt Palace
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on